Tuesday, February 20, 2018

PREPPING FOR PTA'S 10TH ANNUAL RETREAT

I've had way too little time to sew lately and will have even less with a full schedule ahead. The 10th annual PTA retreat is at the very beginning of March and given my other commitments I was stressing over what project I'll be working on.

I'm one of those who needs to be organized and prepared....no last minute rushing about for me.......I need order and until I achieve it....I'm not fit to live with!

So, due to the successful sales of several of my Japanese theme quilts at Woolworth Walk (amazing to me since this is definitely NOT my normal style), it makes sense to create another one. Retreat is CRAZY.....non-stop silliness, food, beverages, and of course sewing.  Selecting a no brainer piecing project is about all I'm capable of accomplishing in this setting.  Pre-cutting everything ahead is mandatory.  

After a couple of false starts I now have a plan.  One would never guess it's taken me nearly two full days to select, cut, and arrange these focal squares. I have tons of Japanese fabrics, yet it's amazing how often they don't play well with each other.  The blocks will not be set with white as shown here on my design wall.......but had I thought of it.....I would have.  (Next time!!)  However, the two different colors of setting strips are now cut and ready to be pieced.  Stay tuned for 'after PTA retreat report'.....though honestly so much of what happens there.....as they say "stays there'!!!


2 comments:

Ann Scott said...

You can't go wrong with those lovely fabrics. I look forward to seeing your end results. Have fun!

Robbie said...

Lookin good!!! You do have such great pals! And I agree about being prepared! I don't like last minute packing! HA