Wednesday, December 20, 2017

ASIAN INSPIRED

Thanks to a dear friend, I've amassed a fairly large stash of Asian inspired fabrics.  Interestingly, this design style is not one I'd ever purchase or desire to work with.  However, creating wall art using it has been a great personal and satisfying challenge! 
 Internet searches of Asian deco has guided me more than once to a direction that translates to fiber quite well.
For this piece I began by coordinating the often oversize images.  Adding red sashing further helps to isolate each patch.
Before I proceed with the sashing, additional design elements are auditioned for size and color as I attempt to achieve a similar look of the black wood wall art.

This should keep me busy for awhile....check back soon won't you to see the completed piece.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Why, yes, we will check back!!! Love this influence in your work...