Tuesday, May 7, 2013

BEAUTIFUL OREGON

How great to have family living in such beautiful parts of our country!  I just enjoyed a week on the West coast....my first stop being Eugene, OR. where the weather was superb.  Spring hasn't sprung here in the mountains of North Carolina, so sunny warm weather was very much appreciated.

 We visited Hendricks Park, Eugene's oldest city park.  Its 80 acres includes a world-renowned rhododendron garden and a native plant garden which was in full bloom.
 Stunning, no??
 One could leisurely stroll groomed paths or take a hardy hike.
 The fragrance in the air should be bottled!
Another activity one can enjoy in this area is to take a drive about 15 miles from Eugene where there are dozens of wineries.  With the vines just starting their growth, the fields reminded me of a patchwork quilt.

Alas, I have no sewing projects to share......bear with me for a few days as I share what one quilter did on her mini vacation.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Stunning, yes!!! Beautiful flowers...so glad it appears you had a great time!!! We're finally home!!! See grand kids tomorrow! Yippee!