Tuesday, February 14, 2012

GEARING UP

Each year I make one or more major pieces for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative Priority Quilt Sale at Quilt Fest in Houston.  I've nearly reached my second $1,000 earned goal.  If I included the sales of 'little treasures" (another size category) I'd be the $2,000 mark.

This year I'm thinking of making several less time consuming pieces that can be sold at a lower selling price, giving more folks an opportunity to purchase one.

 I'm using a heathered wool felt, stablized with a Pellon non-fusible interfacing.  The working design will be on this section.


 I'm auditioning this darker wool felt piece that will act as the border and backing.....


The design will be minimal....here are what I'm planning for the components....let's see what happens!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing information about the Alzheimer’s Art Quilt Initiative! I lost my Dad to Alzheimer’s in December of 2010 and have been committed to raising money for research through AAQI since he was diagnosed in 2006. I am a quilter and I love that the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative is a grass roots organization that is totally staffed by volunteers so that every available dollar can be used to fund research. I am thrilled that you have taken up our cause by sharing your beautiful work!

Ami Simms said...

Mary, you are such a talent! We are so grateful for your quilt donations. Just holding them in my hands gives me goosebumps. Your beading is exquisite.

Michele Bilyeu said...

So looking forward to what you come up with. Everything you make is so distinctive and so lovely!