Sunday, January 27, 2013

GETTING THERE

Oh my....working with this marbleized fabric in its whole cloth form is really making me work!  No matter what I seem to do, I end up taking it off several times before hitting on something that works.

Perhaps using it as patches would be a better choice, but now I'm even more determined to see what I can do with it in its current state.  Obviously, if I were a machine quilter....that alone would pop the pattern and be quite nice....  Ah hummm, that's another reason to conquer that technique....maybe some day!  

In the meantime.....I've now alternated small white bugle beads with seed beads around the pumpkin embroidery.  Then I filled a section in with more seed beads.  BLEEP.....bleep....

So, off they came and instead I started stacking and stitching clumps of seed beads.  This may be the answer, though a few won't cut it.....I see a lot of stitching ahead of me.

This sure doesn't seem like a lot to show for nearly a week's work...but then, the amount of time lately that I've had to devote to it is fairly slim.  Sometimes that's good.....it gives me a chance to do some 'virtual designing'......  



3 comments:

Robbie said...

I still like this piece of fabric!! Beads, thread, no beads, no thread!!
So are you back home or still at the race???

The Inside Stori said...

My virtual posting during my absence has worked out well....am sun burned, ears ringing from constant car noise and almost home!

Anita Heady Fiber Arts, LLC said...

Oooh, I like this beaded piece!