Thursday, January 17, 2013

COMMITTING.....

After shuffling my stack of potential layouts and materials.....it was time to simply commit and get the needle flying....

The photo is poor quality again.....seriously......6 days and counting with fog/rain/rain/rain/rain.  I really shouldn't complain because there is now a winter storm warning....rain will turn to ice then snow...yuck.  I need natural light to get a good photo in my studio since there are so few reflective surfaces.  I work in a loft area = wood beams, tongue & grove ceiling, and even a stone wall!

You'll still get the idea though of how it's progressed.  The hand dyed felted background has been stabilized, marbleized sheer fabric was hand stitched in place and the addition of the pine needles has begun......  The overall impact so far is not what I was hoping for.....hoping as I move along it will improve!! 


2 comments:

bohemiannie! art said...

Well...your picture looks GReat!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh! I am glad you linked the previous posts, I suddenly realized they ere REAL pine needles!

Cool! And cooler, still!

We have had 18 inches of rain in the last two weeks, and now 30 degree temps, in South Louisiana no less.