Friday, December 28, 2012

CIRCLES - CONTINUED

Oh my......round and round I continue to go on this resist dyed-felted wool piece which measures appx. 6" x 6".  Barely enough room to add embellishments to the already energy filled background!

Click here to review the start of the piece.....and compare with the new version below.

Hand embroidered lines helped to anchor and begin that next layer of design.....followed by some playful dimensional beading.  

 Playful (stressful) may be the key word/s......seriously it's not uncommon when developing new motifs to find that the general idea works.....but yet the technique needs further practice to become presentable.  (Yup, the ole' "A" type personality is in control!)

 The raised snail type motifs took some time to get right......not only refining the thread path, but the stringing order in terms of bead sizes and colors as well.
This one didn't get a passing grade and has since been removed....a new one should be in place and available for you to see soon.   See ya.....

3 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

Felting and beading and hand stitching are so very time consuming. But the final result is so impressive that we can't stop. Hope to see the final result soon.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Lovely felting with beautiful colors--but so small to work on! I like your addition of hand stitching and beads.
best, nadia

bohemiannie! art said...

This piece is beautiful! I look at everything I do as a practice piece so I don't let it bother me if it isn't perfect. I guess that means I'm not an A type personality! :)