Saturday, April 27, 2024

HAPPY DAY!!

HURRAH!!!! Let there be light.....Our cutie pie electrician and I decided 3 of the 4ft - 5000K Daylight LED lights were sufficient.....'the husband has now claimed the other three for his garage!




AND, I now have a dedicated outlet for my iron. And with my newly installed design wall I'm raring to get working on my commission. It's been a long road, but I learned a lot and the goals were achieved.

There is still some rearranging to do in the studio ....I tried to find a folding table the right length and height to place on the back side of my sewing cabinet to provide more space for quilting/sewing bigger pieces like the one I'm working on. (I was very spoiled with my previous set up). Despite an extensive search, none worked, so I came up with the idea of using my ironing board that could be adjusted to the perfect height and it was already a good length. Bought a 2nd one to press on.




The location of the new outlet isn't ideal but I think with some rearranging I can make it work. So, NO drama to whine about today....Beautiful blue skies, going to get up to 75 today. Sooty is beginning to adapt and I have a report coming up about an art quilt group that allowed me to come as a guest and then extended an invitation to join them......it's really what I need. "The husband" and I are totally sick of each other's company!! 

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad to hear you found an art quilting group to join. I will be interested to hear who are the others in the group. Your set up looks like it will work and I feel your pain in having to give up your huge studio.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

So glad that you have made contact with an artistic group! This is just what you need to feel more connected to your new home. Thought about you at LuftWasser yesterday, you were missed by several who mentioned your name to me. Happy days, dear friend!