Friday, September 8, 2023

PROGRESS

 8+ weeks and happily my bulky 24-7 sling is in the past. Foolishly (though I'd been told otherwise many times) I had it in my head I'd be able to pretty much resume activities. NOT

......PT 2x a week and 3x daily are keeping my occupied instead. For sanity sake, I pulled out some blocks/selected fabric that I had earmarked for a post surgery project. 

Darn it, rotary cutting is too hard on the shoulder for now....back to scissors.....oh we've been spoiled by our rotary cutters. Here's a look at my very slow progress on a small Japanese art quilt. PT is schedule through Oct. so my goals are more realistic now. Slow but smiling.....



5 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

The end is in sight!

Nancy said...

What a relief to be immersed in fabric again, even though it's with scissors! Good progress. But I'm pretty sure everyone who has surgery thinks/hopes the recovery period will be brief or at least briefer than it is. A positive direction with beautiful fabrics.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Excellent!

Kathy said...

Ah, yes, scissors! It keeps us slow and thoughtful about what we are doing...but I know it will be wonderful to get back to faster rotary cutting!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Hang in there! Playing with fabrics is good therapy for your mind.