Saturday, April 2, 2022

TIME SPENT??

 Lest you think I spend every minute of my time creating art quilts.....(well I did during the height of Covid).....I actually don't.  

By nature I'm quite tidy.....during the height of most projects when selecting the fabrics, my space can get extremely cluttered.  Anxious to get the mess off my work tables.....fabrics get shoved back into one of my storage areas.  The other day two whole stacks tumbled out of this closet, leading me to pull most of it out and reorganize.
The grandkids are coming....the grandkids are coming...YEAH!!!  Instead of making up Easter baskets which would be difficult to bring home (traveling by air), I made two folded felted baskets. They can be disassembled and packed flat.

Of course the eggs will be filled, but I'll leave that for the last minute otherwise I fear most of the goodies will disappear.

Ohhhhhh.....oops....these tasks may not be art quilts....but gosh....they are fiber related.  Hummmm.....what does that say about how I spend my time!?!

5 comments:

Darlene S said...

You are too funny. But a good reminder to us all to take time to organize (thank you). Your folded felted baskets are super cute. Can you point me to a pattern, or tutorial? I really like the idea that they can lay flat for travel/postage.

Nancy said...

What a clever idea for the baskets- folding flat is just the ticket. Enjoy the visit and welcome spring! Oh, the spillage... it happens. I get the sewing room all tidied up and then... spillage. All over the place. I can take it just so long, then I MUST do a clean up. Til next time.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I agree with the others - what a good idea to use your felted baskets that can break down flat for the Easter baskets for the visiting kids.

Kathy said...

Nothing is better than grandkid time! Enjoy every moment!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

So cute, now you need to share that basket pattern!