Tuesday, November 9, 2021

SHADES OF BLUE

Indigo wax block prints were often printed in England for the South African market.  I find the very graphic and often very busy prints to be challenging, yet rewarding to work with.

After much pondering, I decided to work with large blocks, arranging them with an off set placement.  My camera refused to take a good photo....I think it simply didn't know where to focus there's so much action here.

SHADES OF BLUE  - 50.5" x 50.5"

Vintage Jasco Premier wax block print on cotton. Printed in England for the South African market.  Machine pieced & quilted.  Fabric hanging sleeve attached. 


Detail - this closeup gives you a better indication of the colors.....DARK indigo and shades of lighter blue which continue to photograph as black and white.....sigh


1 comment:

Darlene S said...

Beautiful. I love the movement in your design.