Wednesday, November 24, 2021

BREAK TIME

 I've always loved handwork, but recently shied away from it in an effort to create work that can be more affordably priced.  But the pull is still there and I gave in.  With the exception of machine work on the fence posts, this piece is stitched entirely by hand.

                              BREAK TIME - 13" x 13"
Available in my online gallery shop
Hand-dyed cottons, Ultra-suede, hand applique,
hand embroidery.  Wrapped on canvas covered frame
and secured in a black wood frame. 

3 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Another amazing art piece, I wish I had your talent!

Laura said...

Love the selection of blues you chose for the sky and the way you used curved piecing.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Love it. Sometimes hand stitching is the only way to get the proper affect. Yes, you could have gotten the fence wire pretty well with machine stitch but those grasses - so perfect done by hand.