Friday, December 6, 2019

JAPANESE INSPIRED QUILTS

My newest Japanese inspired quilt, along with another one, is now greeting holiday shoppers at Woolworth Walk Gallery in downtown Asheville, NC.


I try to always have a replacement piece to display as each big quilt finds a home.  I had to do some marathon stitching to make that happen this time!

So now, without taking a breath my next 'quilt in waiting' must begin.

This large panel has intrigued me for a long time. It takes me a ridiculous amount of time to develop a fabric palette.  In this case I fought one whole day trying to incorporate other design specific fabrics in order to create a cohesive LARGE quilt.  Nope, this one needs to be a moderate size wall quilt....I cried uncle and began again on a totally different track.  

Come back and check out where I've headed next....

Check out what other artists have been working on this week:  Nina-Marie's Off The Wall Friday & Sarah's Whoop Whoop Friday.

4 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

So pretty, and fantastic that two of your creations grace the stair railing! I think you will be selling them quickly!

Robbie said...

I always love seeing how and where you go with your ideas!!! They always turn out FANTASTIC!!! But you do inspire us with your process!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good luck on your new piece and best of luck on the Holiday sales!!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The more determined to use only fabrics from the stash, the tougher it gets. I love the central panel. Pity you couldn't come up with the perfect combination. You are SO close.