Sunday, August 19, 2018

SLOW WORK

With my task of finding homes for my friend's quilt treasures coming to an end....my attention can now slowly turn back to my own work.
Many years ago I inherited a fabulous collection of authentic Indonesian batiks collected by my MIL during an extended business stay in that country.  I pondered and pondered how to show them off and finally made this quilt to hang on our stairwell wall in 2009

It's come as a complete surprise to me how 'saleable' my Asian inspired quilts have been.  Since my goal is to create pieces to sell....and that I have a lot of
that style of fabric, it seems only smart to continue with that theme!
Busy prints are challenging for me....I much prefer clean, uncluttered designs....so I've found the easiest way to work is to fussy cut several patches at a time....shifting locations, eliminating or adding as necessary.  It's coming along......




4 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

The wall hanging on your stair wall is stunning in person!! You do gorgeous work.

Nancy said...

They truly are beautiful prints and they do the work to give the quilt a wonderful depth and richness. I can see why they are popular with buyers. I clicked to enlarge the photos and enjoyed looking at all the fabrics.

Robbie said...

Love the 'red'! Really pulls this piece together! Another winner!!

Kathy said...

Looking good!