Tuesday, November 8, 2016

WET FELTED BOWLS W/O RESIST

The method I'd been using to wet felt bowls involved using a resist. Basically, the size and shape of the plastic resist determined the look of your finished bowl/vessel.
This time I decided to forgo the resist, instead I eye-balled circular shapes as I felted. Once fulled, each was placed on a base to dry.  Here a glass flower vase and rubber band held the felted wool during the drying process.
Some 'circles' were not too even!  An upside down bowl and an embroidery hoop helped to shape this larger piece.  Below you'll find the results of my experiments.  Contact me if you are interested in any of these pieces.
5" x 1.5" tall -  Merino wool, curly dyed locks, & nepps
6" x 1" tall  - NZ Corriedale  & curly locks
11" x2.5" tall - Merino wool & Mohair curly locks

4 comments:

Windy Hill Happenings said...

Love the uneveness of the edge....really unique...Good Job! See you thursday

The Idaho Beauty said...

I too like the unevenness, a freeform rendering that really suits the felting. Explore on . . .

margaret said...

these have worked well I made 2 way back in 90s at a work shop and they have still held their shape

Robbie said...

WOW...these are really interesting pieces! I still applaud you for doing all this felting!!