Monday, February 29, 2016

GINKGO LEAVES AT DAWN

It's finished!!! Yeah.......and I'm happy with the results.  It will be another piece for the upcoming 'Fiber Art - Color of Nature' at the North Carolina Arboretum - April 21 - July 6, 2016.  Three of us, Judy, Kate and I are fortunate to be given the entire 2nd floor of the main building to display our work. 

Each of us sold a good number of quilts during our last show and we are hoping for an equally positive response this time.  We've spent the last year+ creating work to echo the botanical surroundings.  If you are in the area during this time period, please stop by!
 GINKGO LEAVES AT DAWN  21.5" X 22.5" © 2016
Artist hand-dyed with commercial cottons, machine embroidered and quilted.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Your compositions are always so good! Love, love, love this piece!

Nancy said...

Lovely- and it fits the theme of the exhibition beautifully.

Robbie said...

It is wonderful, Mary...and now is my favorite of your pieces. It's the colors for sure!!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

I really like the way you quilted this. How many dollars ended up in the jar? ;-) A very striking piece. Hope it has helped you come to terms with the new machine.

margaret said...

lovely and the colours work s beautifully together Shame I will not be able to pop over and see the exhibition

Linda M said...

Love it! I'm catching up on blog reading this morning and read about your love of bluegrass,I'm sure you would also enjoy the Fiddle Contest that is held here each June. Since moving here I've become a big fan.