Tuesday, October 15, 2024

A NEW HOME

 It's always such a thrill to see one of my pieces hanging in its new home.  This commission piece went back to NC and thankfully was unaffected by the recent hurricane.  The piece was a challenge in regard to scale.  Lot's of thought went into it every step of the way to consider it would be viewed from its high hanging location.

Many of you already know my back story......I began quilting in the mid 80's during recovery from several back surgeries.  Like most it started with traditional quilts.....blue and white, red and white and then onto to scrap quilts.  Though I shouldn't really call them 'scrap' because being a new quilter I was just beginning my fabric collection.  I've loved the process every step of my journey from traditional to embellished whimsy and now to botanical/landscape themes, often framed.  From beginner to professional, now retired from travel teaching and morphed into creating work to be sold.

Thanks for sticking with me all these years......

UPPER CRABTREE - TRIPLE CREEK MEADOWS, NC. 
52.5" x 60"  


No comments: