Saturday, July 27, 2024

GETTING IN THE GROOVE

 I've been puttering making fabric bowls/baskets...basically they are heavy canvas covered with unique fabrics.  It's taken me completing a few to come up with a system that is more efficient.  It's still quite time consuming, but I kinda like the brain dead stitching......round and round in a trance.

Here's the final two because I've officially run out of canvas. 

The blue one is made using vintage Dutch Wax cotton fabric.  The other colorful one is a lighter weight cotton batik that was kinda difficult to handle but I love the marbled look of the shallow bowl. 



 

1 comment:

Nancy said...

The construction of these looks really interesting with the canvas and fabric. Do you sew darts in the canvas base to make the shape? They are lovely.