Friday, June 14, 2024

THIS AND THAT

 Yes, we are STILL getting settled...sigh.... Even after selling excess stuff for 2+ months before leaving NC, we still have more than we can use. BUT, because I've collected antiques for over 50 years....it's hard giving up items that one has stripped to its bare wood and refinished.


Here's a look at some wood carvings I've repurposed.

Also I did a bit of sewing...made three mini notebook covers using small pieces of ice-dyed silk noil that I couldn't bear to part with.





3 comments:

Nancy said...

It is so hard to know when moving, what items will work in a new region. We kept too many dark, "northern" furnishings and moved them to Florida where every speck of dust shows- right after I dusted!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those wood pieces are gorgeous, glad you could keep those and display them in your new home. I hope you are making new friends, and having a bit of fun playing with fabric.

Laura said...

I am so glad you can display your lovingly restored wood pieces.