Thursday, July 6, 2023

SMELLING THE ROSES

 Lately our weather has been feeling like those muggy, hot Wisconsin summers I'm so familiar with. Never-the-less I proceeded with my morning 'forced march' in the semi-fog today. The midst made me pay attention to my immediate surroundings as I hustled down the roads.

Sooty wasn't impressed with this small painted turtle that seemed out of place on a hill above one of the creeks that run through our community. Spiders were busy overnight and their work shone like jewels as the sun began to peak through the midst. I need to do a better job of being aware & appreciating the smaller things in life!





4 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Lovely. Spider webs can be so beautiful . . . as long as you don't accidentally find yourself walking through one!

Sherrie Spangler said...

I love spiderwebs sparkling with dew. I saw a lot of them in the Northwest.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Love the turtle you found on your forced march, LOL! Sooty is so sweet. I've been sweeping spider webs off the veranda on almost a daily basis. Little beggars keep putting them back up overnight.

Nancy said...

That web just sparkles! Yes, noticing the small things is a big thing.