Tuesday, August 23, 2022

IN LOVE WITH INDIGO

 If asked, I'd respond my favorite color is blue....indigo blue specifically, followed closely by the color red.

Finally I look less like The Bride of Frankenstein post 3 weeks from my surgery and itching to 'do something'....'anything.'

Our Fiber Frenzy group gathered at Judy's for indigo dyeing yesterday......oh bliss.


Our accumulation of resists used to add texture/patterns.
A special shout out to our host Judy who had our indigo pot prepared as we arrived.....
I prepared my fabric into bundles at home which sped up the dyeing process.  As you can see here, some have had their dip and have already turned from green to blue as oxygen hits the fabric.....a few were beginning to turn.  
Here are my efforts drying.....foreground.....our usual refreshment!
Susan patterned two small pieces with wax the evening before.....I swooned when they came out of the indigo pot!!
Judy has been totally smitten with heat press eco printing. As is typical in any kind of printing/dyeing, not all pieces are to our liking.  Cleverly, she over-dyed a few of those pieces.....totally successful! 
Kathie too has been in an eco-print frenzy and did likewise as well as some traditional folded shibori type indigo dyeing.
Both Kathie (left) and Judy (right) dyeing scarves and discovered more patterns developed if they folded the fabric while wet, instead of wetting after folding.
Lunch time view of our achievements from Judy's porch........ 
......Where we were able to enjoy their beautiful gardens and long view of the mountains.

After spending nearly 3 weeks recovering prone on our couch watching trash tv, this day was such a treat, but boy was I pooped when I got home.  Next month....back to micro-wave dyeing......yeah....


4 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks like you had a great day, and came home with some wonderful fabrics to play with.

Kathy said...

Glad to hear you are almost back to normal and fun times!

Nancy said...

Glad you are recovered enough to enjoy this day! And what could be more satisfying than all those lovely pieces of fabric drying on the lines? The wax prints are really impressive. Grand!

The Idaho Beauty said...

It has always amused me the things I will do hell or high water while the same hell or high water becomes a convenient excuse for not doing others. Case in point, when I lived in Wisconsin, I begged off on so many things because of snow and dicey roads, but those same roads never kept me from getting to guild meetings! So glad you had a day out to get your mind off the pains of recovery and can definitely relate to the pooped feeling afterwards! Ahhh, but what wonderful thoughts of the good time with friends you could let wander through your mind as you recuperated.