Sunday, July 24, 2022

KINDA CRAFTY BUT FUN!

 My DIL has such great decorating sense.....recently I became smitten with a heavy felt tissue cover she bought.  Of course I had to examine it...and realized the felt is very heavy commerical grade that would be very difficult to cut without using a commerical die cut.

Oh...that didn't deter my interest......heck,  I can figure out how to create something similar!  It took me a silly amount of time to make a template (I'm MATH challenged)......once that was done using a very heavy fusible product two pieces of Woolfelt were bonded together.

Cutting came next and then assembly.  Alert.....beause of the tackiness of the fusible, skipped machine stitches were nearly the end of the project for me! I spent as much time stitching as I did ripping.  I have some non-stick machine needles on order now and hope that will eliminate the problem.

I made a couple and here are two. Due to the cost of the supplies and time involved they will not be a product I expect to produce for sale since the price would probably be too high for most shoppers.

I hope you enjoyed seeing how I wasted two days!!  LOL



1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Those tissue box covers are cute, cute, cute! There must be an easier way to make them now that you have a template. Maybe felted wool (with embroidery).