Wednesday, July 6, 2022

FUN WITH FIBER FRENZY GROUP

Our small group, Fiber Frenzy's met recently and I came away with lots of mono prints and thanks to Kathie.....a large gelli plate.  She wasn't using it, I needed one, so a modest exchange of moola and it's now mine.  Yeah.....

All 5 members have been enjoying monthly experiments for years....really years!!  In general we've refined our specific interests so there's no need to spend time on the newest fad that often resulted in fabric rejects.

Again this meeting each did our own thing. Susan and I mono-printed.  I was not aiming for complex designs.....instead my goal was to create landscape background fabrics.



While Judy and Kathie played with eco printing.....
Judy is removing the foliage from her heat press
 processed fabric.

A few more to remove......

This is one of Kathie's pieces which was donated to me because somehow it got paint on it...probably from visiting my table....lucky me!!!  

And now it's a cover for a mini-notebook.........



Next month....micowave ice-dyeing.....hurrah!!!



 
 

2 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks like a fun day with friends, plus some gorgeous fabrics as a result.

Nancy said...

Your fiber group has done it again! And you came home with a haul. Oh, have fun with that Gelli Plate! That's a rabbit hole of design adventure.