Thursday, January 6, 2022

1ST NEW WORK 2022

I wish you could have seen the design snap shot that appeared  in my head after uncovering this colorful bamboo leaf print from my stash. The finished piece barely resembles that much larger envisioned art quilt!  

After creating the center panel it was apparent my ambitious idea didn't hit the mark.....so this is the result instead.  Which by the way, I am happy with.  Narrow art pieces can be just the right addition to an area in one's home that was lacking personality.

BAMBOO LEAVES IN COLOR - 12.5" x28"
Available
Japanese cotton print, hand dyed & commercial batiks, appliqued with metallic thread & quilted.

3 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

So simple but so striking with those fabrics. Beautiful! Yes, sometimes a long narrow piece is the perfect size for a space.

Nancy said...

That print is so very appealing- what you've done with it looks beautiful. We just had a little demo on using Appli-Pops at guild last night. As an applique artist, have you seen and used them at all? Even the tiniest of circles were just perfect. I do so enjoy our cyber-friendship and seeing what you create!

Darlene S said...

Brilliant. It really draws the eye in to enjoy the peaceful scene and feel the soft breeze!