Monday, October 18, 2021

A GOOD FRIEND TO THE RESCUE!

After whimpering to my internet pal Kathy Schmidt, about my continued efforts to make my maple leaf project work.....we entered into a discussion about possibilities.


The newest dilemma I was yammering about was misjudging how much lime green embroidery floss was required for background embroidery on the green section. As you can see, I was short just a little bit.  
Because I live in nowhere land, my only hope to purchase more was Walmart.  You can guess how that would go.  So I started digging in my hand dyed flosses to find some sections of lime green that I could use.  Desperate, I know!  She offered several suggestions such as throwing in an unexpected color....but since it was 95% stitched, it wasn't one I thought would work without removing some I had already sewn.

Then she came up with a totally BRILLIANT idea......check my sewing threads for the right color, double the strand to stitch the remaining area.  WOW, IT WORKED!!!!  

Many, many thanks to Kathy.....check out her blog.......this gal can create quality, well designed art faster than I can blink my eyes.   





4 comments:

Kathy said...

That's one of the best parts of the internet...brainstorming and inspiration and problem-solving with our friends. Thanks for the shout out!

Nancy said...

Smart- it's good you bounced this off her. AND you save a store trip!

The Inside Stori said...

Holy Cow.....this is something I SHOULD have thought of.......so happy to have such a smart friend!

Darlene S said...

I love great ideas that help us "make do" with what we have on hand, yet may be overlooking. Beautiful.