Tuesday, April 27, 2021

A NONE FIBER RELATED POST!

As we ramble along, realizing we are now officially senior citizens our food choices become even more important given our less active lives.  We've been chatting about air fryers for a long time.....but after reading reviews....we were lukewarm about actually making the switch from the occasional use of our deep fryer to this new fangled appliance.

Today at our 'in person' PTA (Professional Fiber Art group) our hostess Barbara recently bought one and gave us a 15 min. demo making tater tots (a fav. of 'the husband') and french fries.
 


WOW.....Impressive!  Besides the unhealthy aspect of deep frying the mess is such a negative.  I was not terribly impressed with the french fries....feeling they were too dried out...but I imagine timing could fix that. However, tater tots were just like out of the deep fryer.  Will one of these fryers be coming to our home.....not sure yet......stay tuned.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Oh, I love Tater Tots and that is good news that they come out of the air fryer like deep fried. I probably won't run out and buy an air fryer right away either but is sure is more tempting now.

The Inside Stori said...

Mary here......I think the reason the tater tots were so good was that they come already partially deep fried....and still have lots of bad for us oil on them. While the french fires my friend made were not coated like so many of them are now...... She did spray them with a little oil but still a little dry for my taste. We have them rarely so having them deep fried once in awhile is probably acceptable.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I got a small one quite awhile ago - on sale at Penneys - and I love it for many things. Since I only cook for one, I often heat up the oven and cook more oven fries, fish fillets, chicken breasts, etc. than I need, and while am pretty much queen of the leftover scene, it made sense to make more than one serving with the oven all heated up but not everything is good second time around. Now I can air-fry a single serving of many things. You really do have to read the manual, follow directions, and test times and temps - the one thing I failed was broccoli which I've had great success roasting in the oven but overdid it in the air fryer. And yes, spraying with a cooking oil helps certain items like those french fries.

Windy Hill Happenings said...

That was a fun day...think we are going to get an air fryer...certainly healthier.

Robbie said...

My daughter gave me an air fryer top that fits on top of my Instant Pot! Takes up less space than air fryer...I love the bugger! Sweet potato fries are great as are fried veggies! Even to reheat chicken tenders are easy and so good. If you have an instant pot, I'd recommend just getting the air fryer attachment!