Monday, November 9, 2020

NEW WORK - "RARE FIND"

Most car collectors dream of finding that rare car in a barn, old garage, or abandoned outdoors. This is a project that has eluded me twice before, but now finally conquered. 

RARE FIND - 17" X 12"
Hand ice-dyed & rusted cotton sateen, batik cottons, microwave dyed cottons, hand & machine appliquéd, hand embroidered, machine quilted.
Piece is finished with a facing and fabric backing, prepared for hanging or have it framed in a shadow box for display.

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my- a very evocative piece! I like it. Goal accomplished.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Turned out lovely, it really tells a story.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

A perfect scene of a forgotten treasure. What a beautiful group of fabrics that work so well together. Someone in your car club should buy that one!

The Inside Stori said...

May your words Wanda be heard by one of our members!

Kathie Briggs said...

Delightful. Someone is your car club is going to snap it up!

Windy Hill Happenings said...

Absolutely charming!!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

When you first started hinting at what this might be, my mind flew to a piece you did so many years ago - the husband bundled up and shivering sitting in the Porsche stored away for the winter. I love this new take.

Norma Schlager said...

The rust fabric is perfect for this piece. Some antique car fanatic should love it.

The Inside Stori said...

Kuddos Sheila for remembering that piece......it's one called "Waiting For Spring" is one I'll never sell....and is hanging in the man cave.

The Idaho Beauty said...

So glad to hear it has an honored place. One of my favorites of your humorous ones, and I particularly remember being fascinated by the icicles. That piece presented many challenges if I remember correctly, but as always, you figured out how to get to where you wanted to go!