Tuesday, November 24, 2020

BEADING AGAIN

 Almost my entire career in the quilt world centered around sharing my love of embellishing through my books, magazine articles, lectures, & workshops.  Beading on fiber was my favorite subject.  

Yet, I rarely bead anymore....not because I stopped enjoying the process, but because my focus now is creating wall art to sell.  Sadly, (and I don't get it) beaded fiber work is a slow seller here.  

The yearning to bead continues, so a few days ago and I decided to add some dazzle to one of the composition book covers I sell....the results are below.  It's not quite as in your face, rather it's more subtle due to the close color scheme.







7 comments:

Robbie said...

Love seeing your work with beading again! Fantastic addition!

The Idaho Beauty said...

I've missed your beading, to be honest, and didn't realize it didn't make your art quilts more attractive to the buyers. I don't get it either.

Kathie Briggs said...

Very nice I used to love beading and bead embroidery. Sadly my hands object now

Nancy said...

Beautiful accents. Are those Shisha mirror discs? I've never tried those. And why would people not want beading for heaven's sake? I don't get it either.

The Inside Stori said...

Yes, Shisha mirror discs. I began using them for this type of embellishing techniques in my workshops because cabachons were often too large, therefore too time consuming for students to complete beading them.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I don't get that either, beading adds sparkle, shine and dimension to art pieces. Looks like another wonderful work in progress.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I thought those were Shisha mirrors. I have a little box of them, ordered back in the 60's I'm sure when they were showing up on peasant blouses and such. I remember the directions had you use embroidery floss and stitches to attach them but beading is even better. What a great solution for teaching this method. Gonna have to find that box!