We said goodbye to our fabulous, best dog ever, 16 year old black (rescue) lab on Monday. Because for 3 days, our regular vet was unable to 'fit her in', I finally called VEG ER VET on Roseville Parkway - Galleria area. One issue we had was Sooty could no longer jump into the car and I can't lift her. VEG emailed a registration link to speed up the intake info and met me at the door to get her inside. (Our always helpful neighbor Randy got her in the car for me at this end.)
I could write pages about what an excellent company this is. I now understand there are 140 office around the country. Walking in you'd think it's a people ER...WHO KNEW??? The staff, every single person and there were many, were kind, helpful, knowledgeable, & compassionate. Dr. Dutton was an angel!!
About 60 mins. later the inevitable was faced and they got her back in the car (she loved the car) and I drove us home to get my husband so he too could say goodbye. They encourage families to participate if desired. Once we returned we were given a private room....like a small den with snacks, books for kids to help them understand the process, couch, candles, even small vials to store a keepsake of the pets fur if desired. One could stay as long as they wished, you rang a bell when you were ready. They thought of everything to make the experience less painful.
Anyone who knows labs knows they LOVE food, Sooty was no exception. She enjoyed a huge bowl of whipped cream, chocolate kisses, Cheetos, and later chocolate cupcake and more whipped cream and yup....plenty of Cheetos. If you want more details I'm happy to sing their praises even more, feel free to ask. However my reason for this post is to make others aware if you are in need of an excellent 24-7 vet service....VEG ER hands down will not disappoint. I posted as few photos to provide a little overview.
https://www.veg.com/locations/california/roseville?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=google_business





No comments:
Post a Comment