Monday, November 6, 2023

WORK DISPLAYED

 I'm always so darn thrilled to see my work displayed in its new home.  

This one is especially dear to my heart as it is paired with artwork of Frank Duncan, featuring Alan Bibey's mandolin.  We are HUGE bluegrass fans and are delighted that Alan is now with our (local but super famous) bluegrass band:  Balsam Range.

My piece is "Blue Ridge Mountains On My Mind" - Artist hand ice-dyed cottons, Ultra-suede, hand stitched.  Wrapped on a canvas covered frame & secured in a black wood frame without glass.

It resides with a couple in South Carolina who are serious bluegrass fans as well.

Even if you don’t care for Bluegrass music……go to Youtube and watch this video….it will break your heart.  The Papermill, the main employer in the next town over, closed after over 100 years……read some of the comments to the video.  We went to an outdoor  benefit by this group…..one of our favorites (the fiddle player who is the main vocalist) lives just down the road from us.   It was right across the street from the mill….there wasn’t a dry eye in the audience when the group got on stage and the mill’s whistle blew………https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLsS1haRbyM




3 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those two art pieces look fabulous together! Your friends have great taste.

Nancy said...

Doesn't that look nice hanging there! The video is really well done. It made me think about a pulp mill in Perry, FL, that is closing. It's been the mainstay of the village for years and will have a huge impact on the area.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Cool! I'm with you on the joy of seeing a piece of my art displayed in either the buyer's or recipient's home. And to have it paired with another lovely piece of art.