Saturday, June 4, 2022

MAKING DO WITHOUT A WET STUDIO

 I'm fortunate to have a dedicated studio in our home.  It's all mine so there's no need to clean up at the end of each day.  What it doesn't have is any practicable wet studio space function.

The floors are carpeted, I only have 1 large cutting table to work on, and the only water/clean up area is a small guest bathroom.  The need of a certain color of mono-print fabric led me to try anyway. I may not attempt again as it was way too inconvenient.  

I'm so grateful for a couple of fiber buddies with whom I meet once a month.  All have fantastic studios that we rotate using.  


As you can see, nearly every inch of space is being utilized for printing and drying.  Happily, I achieved my goal was delighted to get the mess put away the following day.

3 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, that looks like quite a messy project!

Nancy said...

Props to you for giving this a try! That's the very thing I don't like about dyeing- so much mess. But the results are usually worth it, so.....

Kathy said...

Even though I have a laundry sink and tile on the studio floor, these messy techniques are so much easier to do in the garage and/or yard where you can clean up and rinse with the hose! Creating your own unique fabric is worth the mess, though. Glad you got what you needed on your messy day!