Friday, August 25, 2017

BACK TO WALL ART

The wet felting materials have been put away for now....but surely more would have been accomplished in the studio if I'd have spent the day making bowls!  I gazed, shuffled, and pondered the day away over fabric choices to begin my next wall art project.
 I dug out some altered silk noil fabrics. Some had been color discharged and others ice-dyed.  A typical problem that occurs after a play date with the Fiber Junkies is the creation of some really great pieces....BUT....too little of one kind.  I've been trying to focus more during our gatherings.....avoiding jumping from fabric to fabric which  ends up yielding a puny amount of each.  
See what I mean......great pieces, but a challenge to incorporate into one well designed piece!

I'm auditioning back ground fabrics....and seriously again I've pulled out over half of my stash trying to find something that works.  As pitiful as the above photos appear due to poor photo quality......one of these two may actually work.  The top is commercial Woolfelt, while the bottom is my carrier cloth from a recent eco-printing day.

My refusal to purchase any more fabric can definitely be a time waster.....but given where I live with no fabric stores.....digging through my fabric collection and determination in the end, will hopefully result in a pleasing finished piece.  Stay tuned...won't you??



6 comments:

Robbie said...

For sure, we'll stay tuned! Can't wait to see what master piece you make from these 'scraps'!!!

margaret said...

I know you will create another masterpiece with the pieces have fun

Kathy said...

"Getting things accomplished" is such a relative term. Contemplation, elimination and decision making are essential to your art and take time. That is part of the necessary work before you can produce that next wonderful art piece. Definitely staying tuned!

Julie Bagamary said...

I'm sure you will come up with something wonderful. I too, strive to just use my stash - even if I have to over-dye it.

Victoria said...

I feel for you in this challenge, as I also have gone on a fabric strike this year, determined to use what is in my stash. I have no doubt though that you will find that sweet spot of, "Yes!".

Windy Hill Happenings said...

Some lovely fabrics Mary...sure the finished piece will be equally so...