Pages

▼

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

JUMPING AHEAD

 Looking back I see none of the in progress posts about this piece made it to my blog.  I'm sorry as there were many step-by-steps......I feel it may be too confusing now to post.....so I'm jumping ahead to the finished piece.

My long time (1960's roommate who married 'the husband's roommate) sent me a photo of a watercolor she painted.  I was awed and though I've only tried to recreate a photograph a few times before, decided to have a go at this. 

 It was HARD!!!!  The construction method was quite different from my norm.....but as you know, I do like a challenge.....so here's my piece. It's available for purchase. Contact me for further details.

ADOBE BY THE SEA 

17” x 14.5”

Artist’s altered white cottons by ice-dyeing, grunge gelli printing, hand-dyeing, Prisma colored pencils, wax pastels, distress inks, thread drawing, appliqué & machine quilting.  Inspired by a watercolor painted by Sandy Smith, used with permission. Faced edges with handing sleeve attached.




Watercolor inspiration by Sandy Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment