Monday, August 21, 2017

VOTIVE HOLDERS - FELTING FRENZY

My fingers have not be clicking away on my keyboard....yet, they aren't idle! My hands are vigorously manipulating wool fibers as I continue to replenish my inventory of felted votive candle holders.  
Here two (far left and far right) are glowing with battery operated votive candles that come with the purchase of each one.

I expect I'll continue to be quiet here for a bit as the marathon felting continues.  It's fun, but suprisingly time consuming in order to make them thin enough for the light source but hardy enough to hold their shape.

4 comments:

margaret said...

what a lovely idea though at first I thought candles in a felt bowl then read they were battery operated

Kathy said...

That's a pretty delicate balance between sturdy and light-emitting! You are probably the world's foremost expert at it by now. Happy felting...and it's good to know that those votives NEED replenishing at the store!

The Inside Stori said...

Yes, Kathy......I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the sales are for this item.....happy to make more!!

Linda M said...

I'm catching up on my blog reading and have to tell you I love al that you are doing, love the quilt with the old rusted vehicles- perfect combination of fabrics.