Tuesday, November 18, 2014

SUNSET MOMENT - NEW FELTED PIECE COMPLETED

While I'm away in sunny FL.....here's a look at my now finished most recent felted piece. 

After a LOT of deliberation, I decided this piece needed to stand alone, rather than mounting on a museum wrapped frame as discussed here. 

Framing should enhance and help to highlight the piece and I just couldn't find the right combo to make that happen without making it appear too Halloweenie......  Now I'm happy with the feel of a rural sunset and its casual uneven edges.   Thanks to all of you who voiced your opinions.....it's always great to hear feedback.


SUNSET MOMENT  15" X 9"  © 2014


Hand felted and dyed wool by the artist, machine & hand appliqued,
 hand embroidered.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

It is just a lovely piece and your presentation is perfect!

Robbie said...

Wonderful!!! Love that you have your blog posts scheduled..you are one organized lady!