Wednesday, September 3, 2014

NATURE'S SURPRISES

We watched and wondered last summer about this fruit tree growing along the road on a vacant piece of property in our subdivision.  
 We thought it was a persimmon tree...as the fruit was non-fleshy and small.  Before the scant amount of fruit got ripe....they disappeared....probably thanks to a hungry black bear.  This year the fruit is much bigger and remains on the tree.....so I picked some.
And guess what.....they are peaches!?!?  Yummmmm....organic peaches....to be gathered before the tree is raided.....
 Isn't this just a lovely scene.......blue, red, and white wild flowers....growing almost in a row next to each other......  A reminder to stop and look around once in awhile.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

They look like decent size peaches, too. What a gift from nature. Black bears have increasingly become an issue in some of the developed areas around Orlando. Hope you have the bear-proof garbage cans!

Robbie said...

Are you eating the bear's food! Shame on you!!! HA...how about some peach cobbler!!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Ooo - peaches! I don't think I've ever had peaches right off the tree like that. Pears and apples and plums,and cherries, yes, but not peaches. Yum.

When I had the bike trail to walk, I too occasionally stopped to notice the colors nature was displaying before me, palettes I could try out in the studio. I think it's Joen Wolfram that says, everything you need to know about color, you can learn by observing nature.

margaret said...

how lucky are you to have peaches to pick. I have a few fruit trees in my garden 2 pear with no fruit, one plum with 4 plums, 2 apple both with fruit and a cherry that the birds stripped before they were fully ripe. Never mind I like them for the blossom more than the fruit.