Tuesday, September 30, 2014

BLUE LAGOON - BEAD EMBELLISHED FELTED WOOL

 A few weeks ago I gathered with a newly formed felt group......and can't wait till we meet again!  We experimented with several ideas, one being petal flowers.  
After I got started, it didn't take long before I realize...hummm....flowers are not really my thing.......so I wet felted the fibers into this small piece instead.  It's made using dyed merino wool roving along with some snippets of silk roving.

Below is what I did with it........a little hand embroidery and of course some dimensional beading to add a bit more interest.  It's finished off with my trademark, a beaded edging treatment to help visually frame the piece.
BLUE LAGOON  6.5" X  5.5" - Mary Stori  © 2014
Artist wet felted wool, hand and bead embroidered.
Ready to hang.

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh, I hope people are clicking on the picture for a larger view. Some really lovely detail in this piece.

margaret said...

very nice felting