Sunday, December 8, 2013

SANTA'S COMING.....

My friend Kay over at Quilts + Color has a charming theme going for her posts this month, "Santa On The Move".  She gave me permission to use this image as of course, even Santa is will be cheering for the Green Bay Packers today.  It's been a miserable couple of weeks for America's favorite team since their QB got injured, and then their 2nd string, then their 3rd string......went out.  But if we are all good boys and girls....maybe our Christmas wishes for a healthy Packer team will be granted!

Kay isn't taking any chances......be sure to check out her blog today....there are some serious Packer backers in her family!


Beyond the creativity Kay shows in these holiday posts, you'll want to follow  her blog to see her talent shine in all she does.  And she can do it all!!!  I owe Kay a big debt of gratitude for encouraging me to attend my first quilt guild meeting in the Chicago suburbs about 30 years ago. (She regularly drove all the way from WI just to attend this guild).  I have no idea why I was so reluctant to go?  The guild was huge at the time so Kay met me out front, brought me in and introduced me to all her friends while I breathlessly waited for the lecture to begin. As I recall, it was nearly standing room only as the one of the biggest stars in our industry was the guest speaker.   I was ga ga over Jinny Beyer at the time and coveted her brand new collection of indigo dyed fabrics.....and yes, I was blown away and totally hooked from that moment on. 

  

2 comments:

Robbie said...

I wrote Kay that you'd love this 'santa'!!! Isn't it great!!! Go Packs!!! And Aaron comes back next week, right! Lions...boo hoo...but what a fun game to watch! Snow was so heavy you couldn't see! They had 6-8 inches of snow on the field! Now that's Madden football!

The Inside Stori said...

It's mary here....dang we didn't get the frame here but listened on the internet. Actually I hope they keep Rogers out for the season.... No reason to risk him now ....
Sorry about the outcome of the lions game.