Tuesday, December 11, 2012

ASHEVILLE, NC

After living here for 6+ years, we are still stunned to find ourselves living in the Asheville, NC area.  I must admit however, we continue to be dedicated Cheeseheads (for those who aren't familiar with that term....it means a Wisconsonite!)

As my needle and thread took me to amazing places teaching throughout the US and world, I always wondered if folks in those locations appreciated the beauty everyday....or if it was so normal to them....they failed to be smitten with it?  So far, I'm not taking the stunning scenery here for granted....wanna see some w/o having to make the trip here?  Check out this fascinating youtube view of Asheville....and thank you to Val for alerting me to it!


 Asheville is located in Western North Carolina....about 3 hrs. from Atlanta and Charlotte, 90 mins. from Greenville/Spartanburg, SC, and 2 hrs. from Knoxville, TN.  I actually don't live in Asheville....and my 'burg' isn't even shown on this map because it's located about 45 mins. west of Asheville, and only about 24 miles from the TN border. 
Among the notable attractions this area has to offer.....the Biltmore is probably the best known.  But as noted by the youtube video, bricks and mortar are not the best reason to visit our mountains!!  Consider putting Western North Carolina on your 'to-do' list for 2013~

No comments: