Sunday, March 18, 2012

BACK HOME WITH 'THE DOG'

Miss me???  At $12.95 per day for Internet service.....I wasn't able to post during my teaching trip to the AQS show in Lancaster.  They kept me too busy with judging/teaching/lecturing at different locations....none of which had free Internet either..... 

I'm home now with the new dog....who is still nameless (though apparently her name was Bailey when she was surrendered.....our neighbor has a dog named Bailey so we want to rename ours)  She will get chipped on Tuesday so a decision must be made before then.  

She got some PR in our local paper.....which is great for the animal rescue program 'the husband' volunteers at.  See here and here.

 To be perfectly honest, I'm not that much of a pet lover and would have preferred not to have a dog again......but I guess it's only a matter of time before one comes home with you when you volunteer at a rescue organization!


'The husband' a big dog lover & has longed for one of our own for years and years.  Knowing my negatives feelings about the dog hair, slobbers on floors, the responsibility, the expense, etc., 'the husband' started doling out tid bits about how 'the dog' was adapting to our household to me during my week away.  He'd say......."Oh, by the way.......she (our nameless girl) got a hold of _______ (fill in the blank).


Yup.....this stuffed heart made from an antique quilt that had seen better days was displayed at nose level....and too tempting for a 18 month old lab.


 This is a totally different story.....'the husband' mentioned....and I mean casually mentioned.....she 'nibbled' on a quilt.....but it was NOT A GOOD ONE!*!*!!  Are there ever any NOT GOOD ones....especially if they are hand quilted??
 I don't think two big bites out of a quilt is no big deal......  SEE....this is why I didn't want a dog.....


She also decided she liked the taste of my antique dovetailed pine blanket chest.....hummm...am I even speaking to 'the nameless girl'? Well yes, we've had a heart to heart conversation and she told me she will do better.


And....I'll be talking to you again tomorrow morning...



3 comments:

nidynoddy said...

Maybe "nameless girl" needs to speak to Ami Simms dog Skooter. He has been blogging about his new "forever" home and living with Ami. He could give her some tips and good advice.

nidynoddy said...

Maybe "nameless girl" needs to speak to Ami Simms dog Skooter. He has been blogging about his new "forever" home and living with Ami. He could give her some tips and good advice.

The Inside Stori said...

Great idea......"nameless" will be emailing Skooter!!