Friday, April 8, 2011

QUILTS WITH NEW HOMES

I've returned from a very pleasant teaching trip to the Nimble Fingers Quilt Guild in Potomac, MD.......where 3 small quilts have found new homes.

It's such a comfort knowing that they will be appreciated and loved by others....rather than adding to the stack I have at home!

Every year I make one or two major pieces for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative Sale held in the Fall at Quilt Festival in Houston. I love hearing from the new owners.


My 2010 donation was a bead embellished wool felt piece, titled 'Guinea Fowl Feather'. I received the following note, along with these two photos that I wanted to share with you all. Though I have framed some of my work, it's never occurred to me to display it in such a grand frame......I'm wowed and so pleased by their decision. Isn't it great when the vision of others makes us look twice at our own work?!?

"Your work is beautiful and deserved an equally beautiful frame for presentation in our art collection so I took the feather to my top level framer at Tates Frame in League City, Texas and worked together with them to get this final result. I am a proponent of larger, highly detailed frames with an old-world flair so the frame choice was mine but the professionals at Tates chose the linen back-mat, the linen liner and the color combination. I think it turned out beautifully, it will find good home in the Reynolds art collection in Santa Fe, Texas."

No comments: