Monday, February 7, 2011

SIMPLIFYING

Well....after an exciting Super Bowl.....my feet are just beginning to touch the ground....thank you all for cheering along with me..... We needed all that help! The Steeler's proved to be a difficult team to beat (as expected). One thing that really struck me was the overall good sportsman like conduct. Sure there were some 'oops', what was I thinking penalties on both teams, but the chippy, bad boy stuff was thankfully left on the school yard playground!

So.....onto what this blog is really all about....creating with fiber......


I posted about this new pieces a few days ago - here - and since have gone onto the next step. As I mentioned, simplifying, while many quilters are going the opposite direction via the mixed-media format, has become appealing to me.

This 8" x 8" will feature simple machine stitching........

..........and hopefully, one awesome major design element. It's made with 80/20 National Nonwovens Woolfelt. The background is stabilized in my usual manner using a lightweight non-fusible interfacing, while the pale lavender spot of color has been fused in position. The 'bead' is glued in place to hold it during the beading process.

Watch what happens....

No comments: