Sunday, February 27, 2011

PATCHWORK QUILT ANIMATION

Today I'd like to share a link that was posted to the Fiber Arts Alliance message board .....an informal Asheville, NC, fiber group that meets the first Tuesday of the month. It's great to have contact with so many creative stitchers who share so much with each other!

Click the link above and you'll find a tribute to patchwork quilting via an abstract animated film that uses computer and experimental techniques to choreography quilt motifs and designs to music.

It's presented by the National Film Board of Canada whose missions is to make independent films available to the public. I love how we can find quilter's influences in so many unexpected places.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was sent to me already but I am glad to find a place to see it anytime. Thanks Mary
I love the sunflower and the racetrack flags.
Karen Scribner