Wednesday, July 21, 2010

MEMORY LANE

Like so many quilters, I began quilting by following patterns. This wallhanging was made.....oh gosh....when? Well, about 20 years ago. It found a new home with my brother and his wife a number of years ago.......what fun to see it now hanging in their family room.

Some of these blocks I believe were Debbie Mum designs. As I recall the applique and pieced sashings were my idea.......

It's amazing how that needle turned into a magic carpet.....taking me places I'd never have dreamed of. The learning, experimenting, and creating continues.....tomorrow our Fiber Junkies group meets as two of our talented members teach the rest of us how to screen print. I can hardly wait....


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Ooh! Screenprinting! Wish i could be there! Take lots of photos please?! And loads of notes?!?
Wow, i'd love to be there.
=-)