Monday, July 5, 2010

CRAFT FAIR FIND

We attended a craft show over the weekend......one we've been to before at Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, NC. Sadly, I think the economy has had an impact.....there were noticeably less vendors with noticeably less merchandise. The good news.....it's a juried show so the quality was definitely there....meaning.....temptations!


Ole World Creations of Mt. Airy, GA has the most wonderful primitives......the artist Betty Spivey was familiar to me because I've purchased several of her wonderful Santa's for a friend who collects them.

This time a wood fireplace screen came home with me......I'm so tickled with it....


Included in the price were two folk art 'trees'....... I probably should have done some negotiating and left them for her to sell.....because I don't actually have room to display them. However, for now one is near our front door and the other in a guest room.

Living in a log sided home....these primitives feel as though they've always been here.....

No comments: