Monday, May 3, 2010

MEET LINDA BARRETT

After my duties for the Threads of Time Quilt Guild, their president, Linda Barrett invited me to visit her studio. If there was ever a doubt that long arm quilting may fade from popularity.....think again. Both of my hosts at this guild had long arm machines.


Linda's fast growing quilting service has TWO.



Both are computerized and both were loaded with quilts.... Note Linda's original design quilt on the wall!

Her entire studio was filled with her exceptional work....


Isn't this quilting the perfect compliment to the design?


Linda does both all-over and custom quilting.......in fact, she's such a sought after long arm quilter.......she has about 60 tops lined up in pristine white paper bags, patiently awaiting their turn!

Linda hails from the UK and is also exceptionally skilled in hand needle work. This blackwork embroidery was awarded a Best of Show ribbon.


She utilizes many types of fiber when she stitches, including strands of gold and even feathers. It was such a pleasure to view the depth of her work...thank you Linda for allowing me to share it with my friends.

1 comment:

SuzGuzDesigns said...

What a lovely tribute to my friend, my quilter, Linda Barrett!