Thursday, May 20, 2010

HOTEL SNOB

I admit to being a hotel snob.........the lowest accommodations on the hotel food chain that I can endure is a Hampton Inn......my feet would never cross the threshold of a Motel 6. Seriously!!

I understand guilds don't have unlimited funds so I can't expect to be housed at the Four Seasons! However, no matter where I'm staying......I still have some requirements and preferences which has led me to perform a check list before I get settled in. Okay...call me crazy.


Besides being in a safe area, the hotel MUST have inside entrance to the room. Of course it needs to have a presentable lobby. Hallways should be well lighted and clean......it's even better when the carpet has a great design.



MUST be non-smoking room.


Yippie......I do a happy dance when I get upgraded as I did on my Texas trip. I was thrilled with the Hampton Inn's wonderful King suite which had lots of room to spread out all my suitcases and STUFF.


A KING bed......all to myself where I'm in control of the remote....which I make sure is working before I crawl into bed. (Heck, before I unpack!)

Fool me once but not twice.....another thing on my check list is making sure the hairdryer works.


And because I prefer to use my own alarm clock......I check that the clock isn't set to a rock station which will blare at 3:00 AM!

That there's a shower curtain (yes, that happens). Also, that the toilet tank isn't running....because seriously, I'll hear it all night.....and wouldn't sleep a wink. (Sleep evades me too much the way it is.)


And that there's more than 1 towel!

AND.....that I have the internet code....


So.....the next time you check into a hotel.......do your own check list......other helpful items to check......does the heat/air conditioning work, is the room far enough away from the elevator and ice machines to avoid racket all night, that the light bulbs are in working order.....

Ya, I know.......maybe 'the husband' is right.....I can be a control freak at times......

2 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

I don't blame you one single bit, cool carpet

I've seen several shows on hotel rooms. So how clean is the room really ...

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/toxic-travel-how-stay-healthy

and

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/show_synopsis/158?section=synopsis

Bob Frause said...

Mary the Grove here in Ashville meets all your minimums...and a lot more I think. Nice place. Nice talking to you on the plane. BOB