Tuesday, August 11, 2009

North Woods

Do you know what the therm 'North Woods" means? If you don't these photos won't make any sense to you.....but for those that do........smile on.....

After several hours trolling 13 lakes on the chain of lakes near Watersmeet, MI on a pontoon book.......I lunched at Bents Camp....... OH my.....the decor is what living in the North Woods of WI or MI is all about....and the subject of my quilt "Party Animals".....now in a private collection.....

I can't possibly explain the meaning of these......except for a two....



The paneling and ceiling in the restaurant bar was birch bark...yes, actual bark off birch trees!





Interesting curtain/valance rods.....


My internet connection may be iffy from tomorrow until Friday......so stay tuned...I've got some interesting experiences to share with you.....

No comments: