Monday, July 20, 2009

QUILT FEST 2009 FAREWELL

There couldn't have been a nicer finale to the close of Quilt Fest 2009 then a farewell dinner at the home of the owner of Tennessee Quilts, one of the best quilt shops I've ever set foot in. If you are ever near Joneborough or Johnson City, TN.......stop in. Heck, even if you aren't near....make it a point to go! If you are attending the AQS Knoxville show this week......seek our their booth too.

The conference was as well organized as I've ever had the pleasure of working. No detail was too small......I'd go back in a heartbeat.


Linda's home is about 20 mins. outside of Jonesborough......and what a view. It's on family property which they've farmed for generations. They own just about as far as you can see....well at least to the tree line from this view.


Her home is tastefully decorated with QUILTS prominently displayed!! Linda custom designed these three panels to fit into the high front hall entry alcove. I hadn't realized she was such a fan of glitz......my kinda gal.....the bead fringe on the pieces was the perfect touch.


I couldn't resist asking her who hung this quilt which was at least 20 feet from the floor......her painter!


Here's another......


Of course here sewing room was to die for.......she has a magnificent view overlooking their property.....plenty of storage, a big design wall......and one of those new electric adjustable sewing tables. We were all pea green at the thought of such a luxury! This gal works HARD.....so she deserves it.


As I was leaving the Inn in the morning.......hauling my suitcases down the brick sidewalk to my car.......I was greeted by this hot air balloon. Life is good!!!

No comments: