Friday, July 31, 2009

MAD CITY


I know.....this photo makes no sense to you.....but it does to me.....as directionally challenged as I am.......I recognize this view from the window on my 3rd. flight of the day.....it's Madison, WI.......nice and flat....grid roadways!!




My flights went fairly smoothly, except for the coffee that got spilled on my jacket, which is probably ruined....my seat mate was super embarrassed about the blunder....but after all it was an accident. I am trying to remember something my pal Bobbie Aug recently mentioned after her lap top got stolen.......she said........well it's bad.......but not as bad a cancer...........




Anyone who knows me.....knows I'm a hotel snob in part it's because I sleep sooo badly, so I need all the comfort I can get. When I was told I was going to be housed at the Holiday Inn....I cringed.........but apparently that chain has been in process of upgrading their properties and from what I've seen, it's a thumbs up!!

Ribbon covered pillows on the beds alert you whether it's soft or hard.


Large flat screen TV keeps you in touch........


Charming vintage black and white photos are sprinkled around in the halls, guestrooms, dining room, and lobby. Many featured old Holiday Inns....which may take you down memory lane.


NOW....this flipped my lid........if I'd had seen it in a big city.....okay I'd get it....but in Madison, WI at a Holiday Inn?!?! Well....it's unexpected....how about that.....dining & watching a personal flat screen in the booth....oh MY!!!!

This is all a reminder to me......that each there will be something we can appreciate.....all we need to do is take the time to enjoy it. Keep your eyes open for new sites and sounds....

2 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

When I started reading the blog and saw the first photo I expected you to say you were saying at the Concourse.
Nice surprise to have a Holiday Inn like this one.

Windy Hill Happenings said...

Nicely put!!